Wells Township Board Meeting Minutes June 8, 2020
Jeff LaCanne called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM. Members present were Jeff LaCanne, Rich Cap, Colin Johnson, Flavia Berg and James Zahn.
Also present were Jon Winjum, Tim Madigan, Ron Velzke, Justin Oakland, Krystal Quamme and Bill Arendt .
May minutes were read by Jim Zahn. Colin Johnson moved to approve the minutes. Jeff LaCanne seconded the motion and it passed.
Flavia Berg read the Treasurer’s report for May 2020. Rich Cap moved to accept the report as printed, Colin Johnson seconded the motion and it passed.
The bills for the month were reviewed. Jeff LaCanne moved to approve the bills for payment. Colin Johnson seconded and the Motion passed.
Issues from the Floor:
Jeff LaCanne reviewed the situation with the siren on the UNg’s Resort property. Jeff LaCanne moved to relocate the emergency siren to the top of the hill on the edge of the road right of way across from the Brian Chmelik property. Colin Johnson seconded the motion and it passed.
Dust Control was discussed and Rich Cap will set up with the vendor and get the dust control applied.
Flavia Berg needs more checks for the townships bank account. Colin Johnson moved that Flavia purchase the necessary checks. Rich Cap seconded the motion and it passed.
Driveway access for Roger Stoik on to Wells Lake Court was reviewed. It was decided to review the actual site during the road tour before making a decision.
A driveway permit for Todd Morrow and Dennis Atheg on 180th Court West was approved.
Landscaping around the pump house on French Lake Trail was reviewed. Jim Zahn was directed to write a letter to the property owner directing them to remove the rocks from the road right of way as they were a hazard.
Jeff LaCanne moved to recess the meeting and reconvene the meeting at 9:00 A.M. on Monday June 15 to complete a road tour. Colin Johnson seconded the motion and it passed.
On Monday June 15th at 9:00 A. M .the Wells town board reconvened the meeting. Present were Jeff LaCanne, Rich Cap, Colin Johnson and Jim Zahn.
The group traveled the township roads and came up with the following:
- Fairbanks south of Cedar Lake Blvd. needs 2 belly dups of class 5.
- Fairbanks north of Cedar Lake Blvd. needs 1 belly dump of class 5 at the btm. of Shefflers hill.
- Culver Ave. needs 3-4 belly dump of class 5.
- 180th between Roberds Lake and Langers corner needs 2 belly dumps of class 5.
- Elmore Trail needs a tree removed.
- French Lake Trail needs 600 ft. of rip rap along the road.
- The ditch on Belview Trail needs cleaning.
- Need to add fill to the two locations on Elmore Ave. and Ellmore Trail where the grinder slid off the road.
- Ung’s need to clean the ditch at the intersection of Elmore Ave., Elmore Trail and 170th
Jeff LaCanne moved to adjourn the meeting. Rich Cap seconded the motion and it passed.